Dictionary of Daily Life in Biblical & Post-Biblical Antiquity: Dogs
Edwin M. Yamauchi, Marvin R. Wilson
This unique reference article, excerpted from the larger work (Dictionary of Daily Life in Biblical and Post-Biblical Antiquity), provides background cultural and technical information on the world of the Hebrew Bible and New Testament from 2000 BC to approximately AD 600. Written and edited by a world-class historian and a highly respected biblical scholar, each article addresses cultural, technical, and/or sociological issues of interest to the study of the Scriptures.
- Contains a high level of scholarship.
- Information and concepts are explained in detail and are accompanied by bibliographic material for further exploration.
- Useful for scholars, pastors, teachers, and students—for biblical study, exegesis, or sermon preparation.
- Possible areas covered include details of domestic life, technology, culture, laws, or religious practices.
- Each article ranges from 5 to 20 pages in length.
For the complete contents of Dictionary of Daily Life in Biblical and Post-Biblical Antiquity, see ISBN 9781619708617 (4-volume set) or ISBN 9781619701458 (complete in one volume).